Sunday, March 20, 2011

Coles Phillips, W. A. Scheaffer Pen Co., 1921

Click image for 657 x 875 size. Scanned from Taschen's "All-American Ads of the 20s".

"His Diary

Mighty nice to be back again with all my old pals - especially this SHEAFFER Pen. It's a darb! I never flunked an exam with it last year - it never fails me. I notice everybody worth knowing writes with a SHEAFFER. There's a freshman girl using one right now - a good excuse to get acquainted.

Her Diary

Everybody's so strange. I've got my friendly, realiable SHEAFFER Pencil. It's my only connection with home. Looks like a nice upper-classman opposite. He uses a SHEAFFER, too. Hope he speaks to me. We'll talk about SHEAFFER Pens - that's one good thing we have in common.

Fashionable Ebony Finished Pen, illustrated bellow, with plain solid gold band and clip - No. 29C - $9.00

W. A. SHEAFFER PEN COMPANY, FORT MADISON, IOWA

CHICAGO NEW YORK KANSAS CITY DENVER SAN FRANCISCO

SHEAFFER'S PEN - PENSIL

AT THE BETTER DEALERS EVERYWHERE"

No comments: