Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lifebuoy Soap, 1930s


Lifebuoy Soap, 1930s, originally uploaded by Gatochy.

Click image for 1396 x 916 size. Scanned from Taschen's "All-American Ads of the 30s".

"...Then at last she got a job!

All my life I've wanted a job like this! I'm intensely interested in clothes, styles, fabrics. I know I could sell gowns in your shop.
I'm sorry Miss A... But there are difficulties.

Two Weeks Later
I just had to come back and see if there isn't an opening for me now.
No, the situation is just the same as before.

A Month Later
I don't want to make a nuisance of myself. But is there nothing I can do? I'd even be your errand girl-
Miss A... I admire your persistence. I'm going to tell you frankly why I haven't been able to consider you.

'B. O.' - So thats is what's keeping me out of a job!
I'm so glad she told me about Lifebuoy. It's marvelous! No other soap ever made me feel so clean.

No 'B. O.' To Spoil Her Chances Now!
I took your advice. I'm using Lifebuoy and I always will!
That's fine, Miss A. And now I think I can make a place for you.

Don't let 'B. O.' (body odor) snatch your job away!

The job you're trying to get - the job you have now - may be lost if even a hint of 'B. O.' (body odor) makes your company unwelcome. Be sure of not offending - bathe regularly with Lifebuoy. Its fresh, clean, quickly-vanishing scent tells you Lifebuoy is different from ordinary toilet soaps - gives extra protection. Its rich, hygienic lather purifies and deodorizes pores - removes every trace of 'B. O.'

Complexions improve

Lifebuoy's bland, creamy lather deep-cleanses pores . gently frees them of clogged impurities - leaves the skin exquisitely clean, fresh, glowing with health."

No comments: